1. Have a good diet which should include lots of leafy green vegetables,
fruits and sprouts.
2. Avoid shampoos as far as possible. Instead use sikkakai
or besan or paste of fenugreek seeds, it will clean and soften the
hair. If that is not possible, then go for herbal shampoos.
3. Henna or mehandi is a best way to keep a cool head. It conditions
the hair, promotes growth, protects our hair from the harmful effects
of the sun and also gives a glossy tint. However persons with sinus
problems should avoid this.
4. Use wide toothed comb to remove tangles and do not comb
wet hair. Avoid using hair dryer to dry your hair. Do not tie your
hair tightly. Always use coated rubber bands or soft hair tie.
5. Brush your hair daily using a brush with rounded tip bristles
to improve blood circulation.
6. Apply paste of gooseberry powder to prevent hair graying
and falling. You can add gooseberry powder to henna paste also. Include
amla or gooseberry in your diet as it is a rich source of vitamin
7. Apply coconut oil mixed with lime juice for dandruff. This
is an excellent home remedy for dandruff.
8. Soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
In the morning, grind it and apply the paste on the scalp and wash
it off after half an hour to get rid of dandruff. This natural remedy
for dandruff is very effective. This natural remedy also stops hair
9. Heat coconut oil, switch off the gas when heated, then add
neem flowers to it. Close it and keep it aside. When cooled, filter
it and use that oil to prevent dandruff.
10. Grind white pepper with milk, warm it and apply it on the
scalp, then wash it off after 15 minutes to cure dandruff. Do this
once in a week.
11. Apply 2 tbsp of vinegar (diluted in a little water) to
the scalp and massage gently and wash your hair after 15-20 minutes.
This natural remedy also cures dandruff.
12. Fenugreek tea is not only good for the health but also
nourishes and promotes hair growth if taken regularly.
13. Cover your hair with a scarf or shawl during travel to
prevent tangles and to protect your hair from dust.
14. Massage warm castor oil + almond oil into your scalp gently.
Wrap a hot towel around your scalp so that the oil gets absorbed into
the hair. Do this once a week for healthy, shiny hair.
15. Avoid chemical treatment on your hair. Hibiscus flowers
and leaves are good conditioners for the hair. You can grind 2-3 leaves
or flowers and use its juice along with your herbal shampoo.
16. Always dilute shampoo in a little water and use it .Do
not use it directly. Wet your hair first and then apply this diluted
17. Amla oil nourishes and promotes hair growth. It also prevents
18. Mayonnaise is an excellent conditioner for dry hair .Massage
your scalp with mayonnaise and leave it for half an hour. Then shampoo
as usual. Always rinse your hair well so that no traces of shampoo
is left behind.
19. Apply a few drops of olive oil to get rid of frizz.
20. Massage your scalp with olive oil using your finger tips.
Remain for half an hour and wash hair well .This natural remedy is
an excellent conditioning treatment. Do this once in a week for healthy
hair. It also controls frizz.
21. Vinegar is a great conditioner and can give shine to your
hair. Mix 1 tbsp of vinegar to a mug of water and use it to your last
rinse. It also controls frizz in dry hair.
22. Dilute 3 tbsp of beer in a mug of water and use it for
the final rinse to give your hair a healthy shine.
23. Boil soap nut skin in water, cool it and use that water
for the last rinse for silky hair.
24. Conditioner for dry hair: Beat an egg well and add 1/2
tbsp of olive oil and 1/2 tsp of vinegar to it .Mix well and apply
it to your scalp and remain for half an hour. Then wash well with
a good shampoo.
25. Drink 8-9 glasses of water daily.
26. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon in a mug of water and use it for
the final rinse for oily hair.
27. Apply Egg white on the scalp and wash it off after 15-20
minutes. This home remedy stops hair fall and also nourishes the hair.
28. Take food rich in protein, essential fatty acids, carotenes,
iron, silica, zinc, Vitamins E , C ,Vitamin B (especially biotin)
to have a healthy head of hair.
29. Exercise for 5 days a week as it improves blood circulation
to your scalp.
30. Lastly maintain a healthy life style as the health of your
hair is related to your lifestyle.