Located in the Lohegaon area, 10 km/6 miles from
the city is the small, but well maintained Pune
airport. The airport operates around 5-6 flights
of Jet Air and Indian Airlines on Pune-Bangalore,
Pune-Delhi, Pune-Ahmedabad, Pune-Hyderabad, Pune-Mumbai
sectors. According to Mr. M. R. Srinivasan - Indian
Airports Authority, the flight timings are curtailed
considering the airport is part of the military
How to get to the
city from the Airport
You can book a taxi from the prepaid taxi
counter which charges Rs.200/- for non A/C service
and Rs. 300/- for A/C service for 20 km & 1 hour.
You can also get car rentals from here if you
are planning to go to Shirdi or Mahabaleshwar
directly from the airport. Outside the airport
you can get taxis, which however are not metered
and charge approximately Rs. 150/- for the city
drop. Auto-rickshaws charge Rs. 100/- to the city.
The cheapest way to reach the city is by Ex-Armymen
ordinary bus service which is generally available
during flight timings. The bus fare is Rs. 20
to Rs. 25 and tickets can be booked from their
stall next to BPL Mobile stall.
Spacious parking is available for private
cars, taxis, and auto-rickshaws.
4 telephone booths are available at the
airport. There is also a BPL Mobile counter where
you can make calls through the mobile.
Where To Eat
There is a cafeteria at the airport lounge which
serves snacks and cold drinks from Badshah Sky
Chef. There is no other eating joint in the vicinity
of the airport.
Amenities At The
Stall from Badshah Sky Chef.
- Good seating arrangements for the passengers
- Retiring Rooms on the 1st floor.
- STD/ISD/PCO - 4 booths available at arrival.
- Hotel Holiday Inn counter in the arrival lounge.
- Indian Airlines and Jet Airways ticketing
counters and offices.
- Children's park just outside the arrival in
case of delayed flight.
- Book Stall.
- Vending machine for Tea/Coffee.
- BPL Mobile phone counter where you can make
calls through mobile.
- Post office for mail services.
- Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation
- 3 pre-paid taxi service providers.
- Free baggage trolleys & conveyors Visitor
Gallery covered with glasses.
- Ex-Army Men Bus counter next to BPL mobile
Cargo Center for exports consignments.
Phone: IAAI at Pune Airport 668 5201.