How to be a proper guest in a restaurant
- Inquire about the restaurant, the occasion
and dress accordingly.
- Make sure you understand the financial situation
but have money on your person regardless.
- Wait in the entry if you arrive first.
- When eating, try to keep pace with everyone
else, and take some time to speak to your neighbors.
Give all your table partners equal attention,
- Be moderate in all you do: drinking, eating,
laughing, talking and chewing.
- Thank everyone before you go.
- Tip the parking valet and the coat check folks
on your own.
- If possible, get the host to order first.
Then order something right around the same price
- If your host has a drink, feel free to order
one too. The same goes for other courses, appetizers
- You can always offer to pay for the wine,
the tip or a round of cocktails.
- Don't order either the most expensive or least
- Don't apply makeup at the dinner table; powdering
one's nose, however, is acceptable